Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Annoying copy/paste table behavior

I'm working with Word 2003. I have several tables with only three
rows. I need to copy the values with formatting from the last cell in
each row into the first cell in each row. If I do only one or two,
it's fine. If I do all three, though, Word thinks I want to insert a
new column!!

Can I turn off this behavior? Or is there another cut/paste procedure
that would do it?

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I think the easiest way to deal with this is to simply delete the excessive
column (although it requires an extra step or two).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed from AZ" wrote in message
I'm working with Word 2003. I have several tables with only three
rows. I need to copy the values with formatting from the last cell in
each row into the first cell in each row. If I do only one or two,
it's fine. If I do all three, though, Word thinks I want to insert a
new column!!

Can I turn off this behavior? Or is there another cut/paste procedure
that would do it?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

That's what I've been doing, Stefan. I was just hoping there was some
setting that would tell Word that's not what I want to do. I noticed
that when I copied all three cells, the default paste action became
"Insert Column"!! I guess some people really like Word telling them
what they want to do . . .

Cheers!
Ed

"Ed from AZ" wrote in message

I'm working with Word 2003. *I have several tables with only three
rows. *I need to copy the values with formatting from the last cell in
each row into the first cell in each row. *If I do only one or two,
it's fine. *If I do all three, though, Word thinks I want to insert a
new column!!

Can I turn off this behavior? *Or is there another cut/paste procedure
that would do it?

Ed- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, that's what I thought you had been doing. As far as I know, there is
no way to change how Word handles this. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed from AZ" wrote in message

I'm working with Word 2003. I have several tables with only three
rows. I need to copy the values with formatting from the last cell in
each row into the first cell in each row. If I do only one or two,
it's fine. If I do all three, though, Word thinks I want to insert a
new column!!

Can I turn off this behavior? Or is there another cut/paste procedure
that would do it?

Ed- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

As far as I know, there is
no way to change how Word handles this. :-(

**sigh**

Thanks for responding, Stefan. I appreciate the time.

Ed