Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Arial 10 not spaced properly

I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office 2007 and
when a document created by a previous version is loaded in Word 2007 and it
uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on top of each other. Change
the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays OK, change the font family and it
displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing another font
(not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected documents to change)
but I wondered if anyone else has been having this problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Dave W wrote:
I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office
2007 and when a document created by a previous version is loaded in
Word 2007 and it uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on
top of each other. Change the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays
OK, change the font family and it displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing
another font (not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected
documents to change) but I wondered if anyone else has been having
this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Graham,

Thanks for your reply, I've deleted the temporary files but it is still
happening but this time with the Times New Roman font at 10 points. Change
the size to 9 or 11 points and the display comes back OK, change it to 10 and
the characters display one on top of each other again.

Do anyone know if Microsoft are working on this problem or is it a problem
with the printer driver?

--
Dave W
IT Proffessional

Dave W wrote:
I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office
2007 and when a document created by a previous version is loaded in
Word 2007 and it uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on
top of each other. Change the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays
OK, change the font family and it displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing
another font (not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected
documents to change) but I wondered if anyone else has been having
this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does switching printer properties fix it temporarily?
My guess is that it is a print driver issue, but maybe Bob will be along
soon to explain?

Dave W wrote:
I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office
2007 and when a document created by a previous version is loaded in
Word 2007 and it uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on
top of each other. Change the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays
OK, change the font family and it displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing
another font (not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected
documents to change) but I wondered if anyone else has been having
this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Yes, I switched to another printer then back again and it displayed OK.
--
Dave W
IT Proffessional

Dave W wrote:
I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office
2007 and when a document created by a previous version is loaded in
Word 2007 and it uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on
top of each other. Change the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays
OK, change the font family and it displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing
another font (not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected
documents to change) but I wondered if anyone else has been having
this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dave,

That's the first time I've seen it reported in Word 2007, but you mentioned that the files were creatd in an earlier version?

Were you using the MS Word Add-ins for 'Redaction' or 'Remove Personal Information'?

What Add-ins are listed in
Office Button=Word Options=Add-Ins?
(Alt, T, O)

What printer model and driver version are you using?

Was Office 2007 put into place as an upgrade over an already installed earlier version of Office?

"Dave W" wrote in message ...
Yes, I switched to another printer then back again and it displayed OK.
--
Dave W
IT Proffessional
--