Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arend Arend is offline

Default cannot save normal.dot when i exit word 2003

It is now a few days that any changes I apply to normal.dot are not being
saved when I exit word 2003.
Any help?

Thank you
arend

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The usual problem is interference from an add-in with early versions of
Acrobat 7 being a particular problem.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Arend wrote:
It is now a few days that any changes I apply to normal.dot are not
being saved when I exit word 2003.
Any help?

Thank you
arend

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arend Arend is offline

Yes indeed Ive read this in several forums, however, I have Acrobat 8.1.2
installed and I didnt have any problems till a Ive downloaded the updates
of Microsoft today. The update today fixed a problem of autocorrect in
outlook, which was messed up after SP3 was installed, but it seems that it
created this problem now. I have not changed anything to my computer other
than installing the updates of Microsoft.

thanks

Arend wrote:
It is now a few days that any changes I apply to normal.dot are not
being saved when I exit word 2003.
Any help?

Thank you
arend

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have not updated Word past SP2 because of issues with SP3. I can't say
that I am encouraged to change that view ... yet Yours is the first
message I have seen reporting problems after this update.

Arend wrote:
It is now a few days that any changes I apply to normal.dot are not
being saved when I exit word 2003.
Any help?

Thank you
arend

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arend Arend is offline

It is €śMicrosoft Student with Encarta Reference Library 2008€ť that creates
the problem. This software installs several add-ins in normal.dot. It took me
1 day to figure it out, as I reinstalled vista and all programs one by one
trying to see which one causes word to stop saving normal.dot.
Now what? In Europe Encarta costs 3 times as much. Am I suppose to throw it
away or is there any place to report the problem and hope that somehow
Microsoft will solve it. It is not a guess! It is a certainty that Encarta
causes the problem.