Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

Default Table size vertically

I know how to size a table so that it takes up the full size of the width of
the margins by setting the table width to 100%.

How would I make the same hold true for the size between the Top and Bottom
margins?

I see how to make them break across the margins...but I want to make the
table stick to the size of the page in ALL directions.

Dave French

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You cannot set a percentage height for table rows. Instead, you will have to
set a fixed height for the rows, so that they fill the page (in the Table
Properties dialog box, click the Row tab, and enable the "Specify height"
option). If you add rows, you will then have to resize the them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave French" wrote in message ...
I know how to size a table so that it takes up the full size of the width
of the margins by setting the table width to 100%.

How would I make the same hold true for the size between the Top and
Bottom margins?

I see how to make them break across the margins...but I want to make the
table stick to the size of the page in ALL directions.

Dave French

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

OK...
So is that what is considered a Host Table? When the size of the table is
created and set as a fixed height or fixed width??

This is what I'm aiming to do is create a template, outline,
skeleton...whatever you want to call it and have the users fill-in the
different boxes with their information so every time a page is created it
will look like every other one.

Dave French

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You cannot set a percentage height for table rows. Instead, you will have
set a fixed height for the rows, so that they fill the page (in the Table
Properties dialog box, click the Row tab, and enable the "Specify height"
option). If you add rows, you will then have to resize the them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave French" wrote in message
I know how to size a table so that it takes up the full size of the width
of the margins by setting the table width to 100%.

How would I make the same hold true for the size between the Top and
Bottom margins?

I see how to make them break across the margins...but I want to make the
table stick to the size of the page in ALL directions.

Dave French

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I believe you are describing a form. Indeed, it is recommended to make use
of table cells with fixed dimensions when laying out a form. But note that
it will be easier to use multiple tables rather than a single one for the
whole form. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm,
which focuses on "drawing a line" but it also has links to articles by
Dian D. Chapman describing how to create a protected form in Word.

FWIW, I'm not familiar with the term "Host Table" (maybe someone else
is?).

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

Thanks for the tip.