Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zzdave zzdave is offline

Default Dictionary keeps changing from English(UK) back to English(US)

I have read the link from previous questions and made all the required
changes but the fact remains that if I past stuff from a US website into my
UK document it STILL uses the US dictionary to check it.

I have researched the web and many many people have this problem.

I want to set my spell checker to UK English and not have it change to US at
all, EVER. Is this possible?

Please help - don't forget I read the link and carried out all the
directions. I am a developer so I know how to follow instructions.

I have WORD 2007 on Windows XP Pro

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please pay attention this time. When you paste in text from a US Web site,
it is formatted as English (US). That is a font property applied to the
text. You can either paste as unformatted text (in which case it will take
on the formatting at the insertion point, including the language), or you
can select the pasted text and apply English (UK) language formatting. What
you can't do is expect Word to use the English (UK) proofing tools on text
that it sees as English (US).

"zzdave" wrote in message
I have read the link from previous questions and made all the required
changes but the fact remains that if I past stuff from a US website into
my
UK document it STILL uses the US dictionary to check it.

I have researched the web and many many people have this problem.

I want to set my spell checker to UK English and not have it change to US
at
all, EVER. Is this possible?

Please help - don't forget I read the link and carried out all the
directions. I am a developer so I know how to follow instructions.

I have WORD 2007 on Windows XP Pro

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zzdave zzdave is offline

Thank you very much - problem solved. I didn't realise the language was
embedded in the font. I had thought that it would automatically take on the
language of the page. Thanks again

David