Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tee Tee is offline

Default How do I create an appellate brief?

I'm looking for a template for an appellate brief. I've found Pleading
templates but not one for an appeal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I searched, I came up with this site:

http://www.uslegalforms.com/microsoft.htm

I don't know if they'll have something you can use, but it's worth a look.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Tee" wrote in message
I'm looking for a template for an appellate brief. I've found Pleading
templates but not one for an appeal.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

The requirements are spelled out in the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure
or the applicable appellate rules for your state courts. For what it's
worth you can look at selected appellate briefs in antitrust cases at
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/public/appe...appellate.htm; Kentucky Supreme
Court briefs at
http://chaselaw.nku.edu/library/elec...fs_search.php;
Wisconsin at http://library.law.wisc.edu/elecreso...databases/wb/; or
even U.S. Supreme Ct briefs at
http://supreme.lp.findlaw.com/suprem...efs/index.html. You can
google for others. However, as with brain surgery, this stuff is best left
to qualified professionals.