Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerri Kerri is offline

Default Word 2007 - Drop Down Menu

I have created a questionaire in Word and I need to insert drop down boxes
for answers to some of the questions. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on the Developer tab in the Ribbon (If you don't see it, click on the
Pizza button in the top left corner of the screen and click on the Word
Options button in the bottom border and then go to the Popular item and
check the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" item) and then in the Controls
section of the ribbon, click on the Design mode button and then when you
have the selection at the required location in the document, click on the
DropDown list control (its the one under the left hand Aa. Then when you
have it in the document, right click on it and select properties and add
your choices in the properties dialog. When finished, uncheck the Design
Mode button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kerri" wrote in message
I have created a questionaire in Word and I need to insert drop down boxes
for answers to some of the questions. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerri Kerri is offline

Thanks this is a great help.
Now, though, as I try to insert the drop down menu it says " Drop-down list
controls cannot be inserted around the current selectioni." Does this have
something to do with how I have set up the document. It won't let me insert
it anywhere.

"Kerri" wrote in message
I have created a questionaire in Word and I need to insert drop down boxes
for answers to some of the questions. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How do you have the document setup?

Is it a document that was originally created in an earlier version of Word -
Do the words "[Compatibility Mode]" appear in the top border to the right of
the file name? You cannot use the controls of that type if that is the
case.

If you start a new document, can you insert the drop down?