Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa J W Lisa J W is offline

Default Default Word 2003 margins

Does anyone know why I can't change default left and right margins from 1.25
to 1 inch? If I change it and say set default, it will only apply to that
word "session". If I exit and go back in, margins are back to 1.25
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Lisa J W" wrote:

Does anyone know why I can't change default left and right margins from 1.25
to 1 inch? If I change it and say set default, it will only apply to that
word "session". If I exit and go back in, margins are back to 1.25

It works on my machine... Here's what I do, in details;

I make sure I have no Word session activated.
I launch Word.
I get the usual blank "Document 1" document.
I do File Page Setup Set the margins as I want them.
I click on "Default."
I click on "Yes" when Word asks me if I want this change to be effective for
all documents created from "Normal.dot."
I close the dialog.
I quit Word.
In my case, I click on "Yes" when Word asks me if I want to save the changes
to "Normal.dot" (You may not have this message, if you odn't it means that
changes are saved automatically.)

If you do as I did and it does not work, there is a problem with your set up
or with your Normal.dot.