Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] seanbaski@gmail.com is offline

Default Justified right indent not matching setting

I am working in Word 07. Have document that is justified. I set the
right indent at the margin, but the text is offset from that about
1/4" to the inside. If I move it out then it moves out, but I don't
want to have to set right indent 1/4" outside of margin. Any
suggestions? I have checked paragraph settings and nothing looks out
of the ordinary. Can send screen shot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] seanbaski@gmail.com is offline

Why are you setting a right indent? You do not need a right indent
unless you want the text to end somewhere to the left of the margin.

You set the right indent on a justified document (usually the margin
unless changed).

Never-the-less somehow it fixed itself when I was messing around with
some tables. I don't know how it did it. I have an old version of the
document where it still has the problem if needed.

I am pretty good with word, so it wasn't anything obvious. Probably
just a bug that fixed itself.....

Anyways cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] seanbaski@gmail.com is offline

On Mar 13, 3:19 pm, Peter A wrote:
In article 3d3d9af7-9f96-4d98-8bc8-eb20643ebbf0
@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...

Why are you setting a right indent? You do not need a right indent
unless you want the text to end somewhere to the left of the margin.

You set the right indent on a justified document (usually the margin
unless changed).

No you don't. An indent is, by definition, an offset from the margin.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writerswww.tech-word.com

OK so obviously we are not on the same page. The issue was that the
right indent was set over the margin (0" right), however the justified
text was not going to the margin instead it was indented in a fraction
of an inch.

In summary I did not want an indent and Word was producing one with no
settings to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As seanbaski points out, the Right Indent marker is by default at the margin
on the horizontal ruler. The point was that there was no indent but Word was
acting as if there were.

om...