Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chey Chey is offline

Default How do I recover a lost document?

I saved a new document and it was placed in a folder in which I cannot find.
How can I find this document and why did it do this in the first place thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Was this a document opened from an e-mail message? - You should never open
Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it *may* be possible to
recover your changes. See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

If not, is it listed in the recent files list? If so open it from there and
when you use SaveAs where does Word want to place it? Could it be in a
hidden folder? Set Windows Explorer to display hidden files.