Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aliera2 Aliera2 is offline

Default References Group Needs Improvement!

Please create some updates that improve the reference group's functioning!
Allow for some more flexibility and let users customize the formatting.
There's a program called StyleEase that adds itself into Microsoft which is
much easier to use. Why can't Word provide us with all the features that
EndNote and StyleEase do? The Microsoft Office Home and Student Suite
certainly cost me enough money! I shouldn't have to rely (or buy) additional
programs to supplement it.

Also, the documentation styles for Chicago/Turabian are not correct or
complete. In these reference styles it's most common to use reference
footnotes to cite sources along with a bibliography list. In Word, only
parenthetical citations are added automatically to the bibliography. And the
bibliography doesn't let us indent the second line of text. Only the first
line of a citation is flush left; additional lines must be indented 5 spaces.

Don't get me wrong, I think this program is a vast improvement and has a lot
of great features. Overall, its much easier to use. One more thing though...
having paid $150 dollars for this software, I feel that I should be able to
get some direct customer support from Microsoft without having to pay a
really high fee.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.