Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SF SF is offline

Default autotext

This is not something I set up and I need to know how to turn it off!
BTW: I haven't turned on autotext either, so I'm always surprised by
it... I type something with a g/ and Greetings, Bill (Gates?)
follows. Is this what they call an Easter Egg?

How do I stop that? I can work around it, but I want to stop it dead
in its tracks.

TIA
sf

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check under Insert, AutoText, Autotext, AutoText and AutoCorrect tabs for
these options.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"sf" wrote:

This is not something I set up and I need to know how to turn it off!
BTW: I haven't turned on autotext either, so I'm always surprised by
it... I type something with a g/ and Greetings, Bill (Gates?)
follows. Is this what they call an Easter Egg?

How do I stop that? I can work around it, but I want to stop it dead
in its tracks.

TIA
sf

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sounds like a rogue AutoCorrect entry. Check in the AutoCorrect list for g/.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"sf" wrote in message ...

This is not something I set up and I need to know how to turn it off!
BTW: I haven't turned on autotext either, so I'm always surprised by
it... I type something with a g/ and Greetings, Bill (Gates?)
follows. Is this what they call an Easter Egg?

How do I stop that? I can work around it, but I want to stop it dead
in its tracks.

TIA
sf

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SF SF is offline

Thanks, I looked in both autocorrect and autotext but it's not there.
Any other ideas?

``````````

"sf" wrote in message ...

This is not something I set up and I need to know how to turn it off!
BTW: I haven't turned on autotext either, so I'm always surprised by
it... I type something with a g/ and Greetings, Bill (Gates?)
follows. Is this what they call an Easter Egg?

How do I stop that? I can work around it, but I want to stop it dead
in its tracks.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Do you have a programmable keyboard? Perhaps that has somehow become set
with an unwanted entry?

It certainly isn't an Easter Egg. Does this still happen if you start in
Safe Mode? From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test it now. If it stops, then it pretty much points to an
incompatible add-in. Let us know the result please.

Terry

Autotext ljones127 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 07 12:22 AM
AutoText linda Microsoft Word Help 5 May 10th 05 02:58 PM
AutoText linda Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 05 06:27 PM
AutoText Jane Microsoft Word Help 1 April 5th 05 10:46 PM
AutoText, how do I add the SaveDate function to the AutoText list. PKDance Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 05:03 AM