Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Highlighting the results from "find" command

I repeatedly use the find command to find overused words in text. I have had
inconsistent saves in 2003 and 2007 editions of Word.

I had some success in 2003 when i would use the highlite feature and then
just saved the whole document. It worked sometimes.

I was excited to see a new "reading highlight" option in 2007. I was
dissappointed when I used the feature, had all the desired repititious words
highlighted on screen and then saved the whole document because when I
returned to the document none of the words were highlighted.

I have read other users issues about changes not adhering, though their
problems seemed to be more for original styles and formatting. I thought I
may be using the application inncorrectly.

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appeaciated, since I would use
this feature daily. It would be a wonderful addition to the editing tab, I
actually think the find, replace and go to should be included in the editing
tab. Even though cntrl+f works great, I think those 3 editing tools would be
appropriately placed in the editing menu also, even if only as a duplicate.