Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Craig Harlan Craig Harlan is offline

Default Run Word 2003 in Office 2007

Is there a way to do it easily? I recently install Office 2007. Word 2003
still appears in my list of programs but when I click it I get this message:
"This option is only available for programs installed on this computer" (or
something to that effect). Thank you greatly for any help!!
--
CH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you chose to upgrade to Office 2007 (and Word 2007), but that
a [perhaps user-created] shortcut to Word 2003 is still there. When
upgrading to Office 2007, you have the option of leaving many of the Office
2003 programs installed. But, if you didn't select that option, then they
were removed. If you still have your Office 2003 media, you can reinstall
Word 2003. I have both Word 2003 and 2007 installed on several computers...
so it can be done.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible