Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
EvoR EvoR is offline

Default compatability mode not allowing me to edit word 1997 doc

I have been previously been using office 1997, now have 2007, compatability
mode comes on in only a few documents, (All are of similar content) but on
one in particular, it wont allow me to edit, convert or do anything with the
document, any advice would be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If it is just one document, it sounds as though it is corrupt. Have you
tried using the Open and Repair option?

Go to File, Open and select the document: now click the little arrow at the
side of the OPEN button and you will find many options including Open and
Repair.

If that fails, try opening it with WordPad.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"EvoR" wrote in message
I have been previously been using office 1997, now have 2007, compatability
mode comes on in only a few documents, (All are of similar content) but on
one in particular, it wont allow me to edit, convert or do anything with
the
document, any advice would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mxk mxk is offline

On 4月16日, 下午8时57分, EvoR wrote:
I have been previously been using office 1997, now have 2007, compatability
mode comes on in only a few documents, (All are of similar content) but on
one in particular, it wont allow me to edit, convert or do anything with the
document, any advice would be helpful.

Hi,

There is a tool called Advanced Word Repair. I have used it to repair
many corrupt Word documents on my damaged disks successfully. Its
homepage is http://www.datanumen.com/awr/

Alan