Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gregor Gregor is offline

Default Duplicate Information on Several Pages

For my volunteer work at Seniors vs Crime we are required to send the
client: 1. a letter, 2. a Request For Assistance (RFA) and 3. a permission
form that the client signs which gives our office the authority to act in
the clients behalf.

Each of the 3 forms (for lack of a better term) have a subset of the clients
name, address, city, state, zip, phone number and date. I want to enter the
data in one form and then have Word migrate or populate the fields in the
other forms.

In MS/Word there is a bookmarking kind of system that uses "ASK" to ask for
the information and then a "REF" which references the info that was input
via the ASK. It seems to work once, but when I reenter the information for
another client the REF does not update.

I've looked at microsoft.public.word.newusers newsgroup and cannot find any
reference to doing what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The simplest thing to do will be to put all of the "forms" in the one
document and then follow the information on the Repeating Data page of
fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website at:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gregor" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gregor Gregor is offline

Thank you very much for the reply; but I omitted one important point.
I'm using Word 2007 and upon trying to follow the directions on the web site
found that Word 2007 does not have a text form.

Any ideas for Word 2007?

"Gregor" wrote in message
For my volunteer work at Seniors vs Crime we are required to send the
client: 1. a letter, 2. a Request For Assistance (RFA) and 3. a
permission form that the client signs which gives our office the
authority to act in the clients behalf.

Each of the 3 forms (for lack of a better term) have a subset of the
clients name, address, city, state, zip, phone number and date. I want
to enter the data in one form and then have Word migrate or populate the
fields in the other forms.

In MS/Word there is a bookmarking kind of system that uses "ASK" to ask
for the information and then a "REF" which references the info that was
input via the ASK. It seems to work once, but when I reenter the
information for another client the REF does not update.

I've looked at microsoft.public.word.newusers newsgroup and cannot find
any reference to doing what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

They are available via the Legacy Tools collection in the Controls section
of the Developer tab. If you don't see the Developer tab of the Ribbon,
select Word Options from the bottom of the dialog that opens when you click
on the Office (Pizza) button and check the box against the "Show Developer
tab in the Ribbon" item under the Popular menu item.