Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joseph Morales Joseph Morales is offline

Default 2007: Normal.dotm in Trusted Location, Still Gets Macro Warnings

Using Word 2007: I've got a number of personal macros in the Normal.dotm
template. I have the template in a subfolder of My Documents. I marked that
subfolder as a Trusted Location. Nevertheless, whenever I open a Word
document, I get the Security Warning: Macros Have Been Disabled. It seems
that this warning should not appear since Normal.dotm is in a Trusted
Location.

Note, I like to keep all personal files including personal templates in
subfolders of My Documents, so all my own data is located together.

Thanks for any suggestions!
--
Joseph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Make sure you haveVBA installed for Office 2007. Check Add/Remove Programs
and in the Office 2007 setup under Office Shared Features make sure Visual
Basic for Applications is set to "Run from my computer".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Joseph Morales" wrote in message
Using Word 2007: I've got a number of personal macros in the Normal.dotm
template. I have the template in a subfolder of My Documents. I marked
that
subfolder as a Trusted Location. Nevertheless, whenever I open a Word
document, I get the Security Warning: Macros Have Been Disabled. It seems
that this warning should not appear since Normal.dotm is in a Trusted
Location.

Note, I like to keep all personal files including personal templates in
subfolders of My Documents, so all my own data is located together.

Thanks for any suggestions!
--
Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joseph Morales[_2_] Joseph Morales[_2_] is offline

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Make sure you haveVBA installed for Office 2007. Check Add/Remove Programs
and in the Office 2007 setup under Office Shared Features make sure Visual
Basic for Applications is set to "Run from my computer".

Thanks. I checked and VBA is installed in Office and is set to Run From My
Computer.

Oddly enough, I notice now that Word actually allows the macros in my
Normal.dotm template to run. I can run them through the keyboard shortcuts
that I defined previously. This makes it even stranger that Word displays
"Security Warning. Macros have been disabled" at the start of every session.
On the macros menu, I double-checked that no other templates are loaded. Nor
are there any macros stored directly in the .doc file I have open. The
warning wastes screen real estate so it would be nice to suppress it without
having to actually allow macros to run from untrusted sources.

Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joseph Morales[_2_] Joseph Morales[_2_] is offline

"Joseph Morales" wrote in message
Oddly enough, I notice now that Word actually allows the macros in my
Normal.dotm template to run. I can run them through the keyboard shortcuts
that I defined previously. This makes it even stranger that Word displays
"Security Warning. Macros have been disabled" at the start of every
session.

I've noticed another wrinkle. It appears that in general, the warning occurs
if the template containing the macros is in a trusted location, but the
document is not in a trusted location. This is the case even though the
document does not contain any macros. Setting the document location to be
trusted causes the warning to go away.

Joseph