Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard Williams Richard Williams is offline

Default WORD 2007 TAKES A VERY LONG TIME TO LOAD ANY IDEAS?

Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?
Many thanks
Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

As you give no information at all about your system (operating system,
processor speed, available RAM et cetera) it is very difficult to give
you an answer.
If you are running Vista with less than 2GB RAM, then you will be
well-advised to increase your RAM to 2GB.
1 GB is not enough if you are working on large files.

If you have other programs running at the same time, these may also
slow down your computer. Virus scanners are notorious in this respect.

Kind regards,

Rob.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:18:02 -0700,
?B?UmljaGFyZCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?= Richard
wrote:

Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?
Many thanks
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Crenshaw Jack Crenshaw is offline

Richard Williams wrote:
Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?
Many thanks
Richard

Same here. It seems to want to configure itself every time you launch
it. I see that the one reply you got was no help whatsoever. Perhaps
someone else will chime in. Hope so.

For the record, I'm using Word 2007 with XP Pro on a dual-core AMD
rocketship. It's not the speed of the system that's the problem, it's
whatever Word is doing as it configures itself.

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] andrew.baker11@gmail.com is offline

On Apr 27, 6:18 pm, Richard Williams Richard
wrote:
Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?

my answer:

office 2007 comes with a bunch of useless addons, try going to start,
run and type (no quotes): "winword.exe /a" this tells windows to start
word without any addons. hope it helps.
Hey, Check out my site: xrl.us/halomods

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Safe Mode is only a test and not a solution. It is also totally irrelevant
to this problem.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP