Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Synergy Synergy is offline

Default Encrypted document manager toolbar???

A user next to me at a client site doesn't have ourlook express so I am
posting this on his behalf. When he opens a document some type of
encryption toolbar pops up. When he pastes anything to the document, he says
it pastes in as encrypted and a little icon displays in place of the text.
What is this and how can it be turned off.

Thank you,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Synergy Synergy is offline

Susanne,

There is no IT person here, they have an outside network guy. He said this
started happening suddenly about a year ago. I'll have him check with the
network guy but I doubt he will know anything.

Thank you,

Mark

"Synergy" wrote in message
A user next to me at a client site doesn't have ourlook express so I am
posting this on his behalf. When he opens a document some type of
encryption toolbar pops up. When he pastes anything to the document, he
says it pastes in as encrypted and a little icon displays in place of the
text. What is this and how can it be turned off.

Thank you,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

A year ago? A busy user then!

Definitely something outside Word. Word does not do that sort of encryption.
In recent versions of Word, a password protected document will be encrypted,
but nothing like the way you describe. That sounds more like a third party
encryption utility such as PPP.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP