Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DJPhatman DJPhatman is offline

Default How can I make full page sized numbers?

I need to make full page sized numbers. Think score cards that judges used to
hold up to score a performance, dive, etc.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I make full page sized numbers?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can make full page sized numbers in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new Word document and go to the "Insert" tab.
  2. Click on "Text Box" and select "Simple Text Box" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click and drag your mouse to draw a text box that covers the entire page.
  4. Type in the number you want to display in the text box.
  5. Highlight the text and go to the "Home" tab.
  6. Increase the font size to make the number as large as you want it to be.
  7. You can also change the font style and color to your liking.
  8. To center the number on the page, go to the "Format" tab and select "Align" "Align Center".
  9. You can now print the page with the full page sized number.

That's it! You can repeat these steps for each number you need to create. I hope this helps you create the score cards you need.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the number and choose a font size large enough to fill the page.
Although the font sizes listed on the dropdown are limited, you can type in
any number between 1 and 1638 (in half-point increments) and press Enter.
For reference, there are 72 points to the inch.

Because most fonts are designed with some "leading" (extra line spacing),
you'll probably need to reduce the line spacing of the paragraph to the
nominal point size of the font (or sometimes even less) in order to fill the
page.

"DJPhatman" wrote in message
I need to make full page sized numbers. Think score cards that judges used
hold up to score a performance, dive, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lem Lem is offline

DJPhatman wrote:
I need to make full page sized numbers. Think score cards that judges used to
hold up to score a performance, dive, etc.

When you set font size, you're not limited to the choices in the
drop-down list. You can simply type in any font size. Using Times New
Roman, a font size of 500 seems to give what might qualify as a "full
page sized" single digit number. Make sure that the margins are set to
be equal for an easier time centering the number. You'll have to play a
little bit to get it centered vertically.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP