Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joseph Kelberman Joseph Kelberman is offline

Default Exact positioning for text insertion

Can anyone tell me how to position text exactly in Word 2002?
I want to make a form template and need to position in x,y format
(inches) for each text area. The line number is no help and the
divisions on the horizontal ruler aren't either!
Dr. Joe

--
Joseph Kelberman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It sounds as though you are trying to create a page with complex form
layout. Without seeing exactly what you are trying to produce, it is only
possible to give you a rough guide.

But probably you should be able to achieve your layout easiest by using a
table to layout the form. Other alternatives include using tabs to position
text, Text Boxes or Frames. But if you plan the layout with pencil and paper
first, tables usually are the easiest method.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Joseph Kelberman" wrote in
message m...