Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deionara Deionara is offline

Default After selecting a portion of text, I cannot delete it

Hi,

I have a problem with deleting text in MS Word: basically, if I select
a phrase or portion of text (by highlighting it with my mouse) I am no
longer able to delete it by pressing the Del button. It only works if I
use right-click + Cut. It's quite annoying especially that I'm used to
Del.

While the Del function worked in the past, I don't know what I did
about it now and I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance!

--
Deionara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 3 May 2008 00:23:01 +0100, Deionara
wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with deleting text in MS Word: basically, if I select
a phrase or portion of text (by highlighting it with my mouse) I am no
longer able to delete it by pressing the Del button. It only works if I
use right-click + Cut. It's quite annoying especially that I'm used to
Del.

While the Del function worked in the past, I don't know what I did
about it now and I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Go to Tools Options General and uncheck both options that mention
WordPerfect.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deionara[_2_] Deionara[_2_] is offline

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Both boxes were already
unchecked, so this did not help for now, but I did notice in the lower
left side of the screen that when I press Del, I am asked for
confirmation (are you sure you want to delete? yes/no).

If I press Y, then the fragment is deleted. I want to remove that
confirmation, but F1 was unable to help me with that. I just want the
text to disappear when I press Del, without being asked for
confirmation.

wrote:
-

Hi,

I have a problem with deleting text in MS Word: basically, if I select
a phrase or portion of text (by highlighting it with my mouse) I am no
longer able to delete it by pressing the Del button. It only works if
use right-click + Cut. It's quite annoying especially that I'm used to
Del.

While the Del function worked in the past, I don't know what I did
about it now and I can't fix it.

Thanks in advance!-

Go to Tools Options General and uncheck both options that mention
WordPerfect.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

--
Deionara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

In that case, make sure that the 'Typing Replaces Selection' option is still
checked under Tools, Options Edit tab.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

news