Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ripnor ripnor is offline

Default how do i delete the file name after deleting the file

in microsoft office student 2007, after deleting a file how can I remove the
file name that keeps showing up even when the file has been deleted
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you mean the recent files list (which you see when you click the Office
button), the deleted file will eventually be cycled off as new files are
opened (unless you click the pushpin, which will keep the file in the list).
There's an easy way to remove individual files from the recent list in
previous versions of Word, but not in Word 2007. If you really need to get
that file off the list NOW, rather than waiting, then set the number of
recent documents to 0, and then back to where you want it. Note, however,
that this will clear other files off the list, as well. (The setting is
he Office button, Word Options, Advanced tab - Display subsection.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible