Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
momo momo is offline

Default Watermarks

Can I use multiple watermarks per document? If so, please explain. I have
blank pages and pages with "Draft" but I would like to include some pages
marked "Sample". Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

A watermark is nothing more or less than a washed-out graphic anchored to
the page header. You can have as many watermarks as you like, but you'll
need to have them in separate sections or at least in separate headers. You
can have up to three headers per section (First Page, Even Page, Odd Page);
beyond that, you'll need section breaks. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

"Momo" wrote in message
Can I use multiple watermarks per document? If so, please explain. I have
blank pages and pages with "Draft" but I would like to include some pages
marked "Sample". Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Another way to use a "watermark" is to place a graphic, Word Art,
drawing object, etc. on your page and set the text wrapping properties
so that it is Behind Text. Note that Word's Color/Washout tool is on
the Picture toolbar and will not work with Word Art or drawing
objects.
The advantage of this method is that you can place as many as you
like, anywhere you like without concern for section breaks.
The disadvantage is that you cannot have them repeat like you can with
Suzanne's header/footer option (which is obviously beneficial if you
have many pages).

"Momo" wrote in message

Can I use multiple watermarks per document? If so, please explain. I have
blank pages and pages with "Draft" but I would like to include some pages
marked "Sample". Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also, note that if the document is edited, "watermarks" anchored to
paragraphs in the main body of the document might move to a different page
(because any floating object will always be on the same page as the
paragraph containing its anchor).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Watermarks 2sisters Page Layout 1 June 6th 06 08:10 PM
Watermarks OldManEd Page Layout 5 March 14th 06 10:44 PM
WaterMarks Heide Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 06 03:22 PM
Watermarks??? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 3 March 3rd 06 05:34 AM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 12:25 AM