Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles

Using Word 2007. I have a style I created that I would like to have appear
in the Styles portion of the ribbon. Is there a way to make my selected
style show up there rather than have to always click the "more styles" arrow
and then scroll down to the one I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The order of the style in the Gallery are determined by the order defined in
the Manage Style dialog, Recommend tab, by selecting a style in the list and
using the Send Up, Send Down or Assign buttons. This order will then be used
for both the Gallery and the Style Pane.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Using Word 2007. I have a style I created that I would like to have
appear in the Styles portion of the ribbon. Is there a way to make my
selected style show up there rather than have to always click the "more
styles" arrow and then scroll down to the one I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Slight problem. I have clicked on the "show styles window" arrow in the
lower right corner of the styles pane, then clicked on the "manage styles"
icon to bring up that dialog box. I clicked the "recommended" tab and left
the "sort order" default entry of "as recommended."

I have found the style I created in that list and highlighted it. (By the
way, it has the numeral "1" in front of it and I'm not sure what that
means.) With my created style highlighted, I clicked on the "move up"
button but nothing happens. If I click on the "move down" button, my style
moves down, but I cannot seem to make it move up in the list.

Can you continue to make suggestions??

"BK" wrote in message
Using Word 2007. I have a style I created that I would like to have
appear in the Styles portion of the ribbon. Is there a way to make my
selected style show up there rather than have to always click the "more
styles" arrow and then scroll down to the one I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Suzanne

There is a long list of styles all numbered and then alphabetized. That
seems to be a default setting since I haven't done anything other than
create this one particular, new style for my own use. There are lots of
duplicated numbers such as at the end of the list in the section that has
"colorful grid" in the style name. All seven of those styles are numbered
74 and then alphabetized within the "74" numerical sort.

I'll try renaming my style something that will make it appear at the top of
the list of "1" styles.