Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris[_7_] Chris[_7_] is offline

Default "pattern" in Word 2003?

I have Word 2003.

How do I add a pattern to selected text?

Is it possible to create a button on the toobar which gives access to
this quickly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris[_7_] Chris[_7_] is offline

On Thu 15 May 2008 18:59:42, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of pattern? We need a fuller description.

When I asked how to add a pattern to selected words, I meant patterns
like:

dots, slant lines, vertical lines, horizontal lines, criss-cross lines,
etc.

Also would it be possible to create a button on the toobar which gives
direct access to a selection of these patterns?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I thought maybe he was talking about highlighting words with a pattern
instead of a solid color but that just didn't seem like a good idea.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chris" wrote in message
On Thu 15 May 2008 18:59:42, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of pattern? We need a fuller description.

When I asked how to add a pattern to selected words, I meant patterns
like:

dots, slant lines, vertical lines, horizontal lines, criss-cross lines,
etc.

Also would it be possible to create a button on the toobar which gives
direct access to a selection of these patterns?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I've followed, but not contributed to this thread because I didn't
understand it either.

Most likely Chris wants to be able to type around/along a shape such as
following the circumference of a circle or the slope of a line.

Terry Farrell

"Chris" wrote in message
On Thu 15 May 2008 18:59:42, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of pattern? We need a fuller description.

When I asked how to add a pattern to selected words, I meant patterns
like:

dots, slant lines, vertical lines, horizontal lines, criss-cross
lines,
etc.

Also would it be possible to create a button on the toobar which
gives
direct access to a selection of these patterns?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If what you want is shading or crosshatching behind your text, go to borders
and shading and select the shading tab. (Here's where my memory of W2003
screens fades a bit, so I'll just tell you what I see in W2007.) In W2007
there is a section called Patterns. In the selection box, scroll past the
percent gray selections to get to the crosshatching patterns.

Yes, you should be able to record a macro to do this quickly. Note, though,
that a macro set up to add crosshatching to a a regular text paragraph might
not work as expected in a table or text box.

PamC

Chris wrote:
I have Word 2003.

How do I add a pattern to selected text?

Is it possible to create a button on the toobar which gives access to
this quickly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Wow, I never got that impression at all.

Okay Chris - inquiring minds want to know. Exactly what did you have in
mind? :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]