Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
fubarksy fubarksy is offline

Default Tops of two-column layout don't align

I'm an old hand at Word, but have never spent much time in two-column
format. Using a dirt-simple template and layout, I drop a continuous
section break after the document title and intro so that the rest of
the document will be in 2-col format.

What happens is that the resulting columns don't align along the top.
The text in the right-hand column sits a half-line or so below the
text in the left column.

Is the issue with where I place the section break?

Do I have to tweak one paragraph so that it aligns with the other?
(seems like an ugly hack).

Any guidance will be very much appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

-fb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounds as if the first paragraph at the top of your second column has
some Space Before and the first one does not. Or, if you've used empty
paragraphs instead of Space Before/After, you've got one there.

You can either adjust the Space Before on your top paragraphs (add to one or
remove from the other) or remove the empty paragraph, if any.