Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] grant@technologyworks.co.nz is offline

Default Office Reconfigure pain in the ... when Word 97 and 2007 installed onone PC

Why is it that Office 2003 and 2007 always get screwed up and do some
kind of "reconfigure" after I have opened Word 97 then open Word 2003
or 7!

It take 5 minutes for it to go though that stupid re-configure process
before it will open Word 2007.

Is there some way to tell it "Hey I have both Office 97 and 2007
installed on this pc, you havnt been broken, just bloodywell load Word
and get on with it!"

Oh, and if your wondering why I'm still using Office 97, its because
it is fast and stable and 2007 doen't really offer any real advantage
that I can see.

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards

Grant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...03-coexisting/
and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928091 "Information about using
2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another
version of Office".

wrote in message
Why is it that Office 2003 and 2007 always get screwed up and do some
kind of "reconfigure" after I have opened Word 97 then open Word 2003
or 7!

It take 5 minutes for it to go though that stupid re-configure process
before it will open Word 2007.

Is there some way to tell it "Hey I have both Office 97 and 2007
installed on this pc, you havnt been broken, just bloodywell load Word
and get on with it!"

Oh, and if your wondering why I'm still using Office 97, its because
it is fast and stable and 2007 doen't really offer any real advantage
that I can see.

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards

Grant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Seehttp://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2007/04/15/word-2007-and-word-2003...

wrote in message

Why is it that Office 2003 and 2007 always get screwed up and do some
kind of "reconfigure" after I have opened Word 97 then open Word 2003
or 7!

It take 5 minutes for it to go though that stupid re-configure process
before it will open Word 2007.

Is there some way to tell it "Hey I have both Office 97 and 2007
installed on this pc, you havnt been broken, just bloodywell load Word
and get on with it!"

Oh, and if your wondering why I'm still using Office 97, its because
it is fast and stable and 2007 doen't really offer any real advantage
that I can see.

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards

Grant

Well another hour lost sorting out bill Gates f...k ups while he makes
money.

The registry fix didnt work the first 7 times I did it in various
combination in the keys for office 8.0,9.0,11.0 and 12.0 and re booted
between each change. But now finally it appears to be working. I think
what finally worked was making sure the NoRereg item created had the
following combination of capitals: "NoReReg" rather than NoRereg"

Thanks for the link

Regards

Grant