Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CarolynDH CarolynDH is offline

Default Header Resizing

I've inherited a doc with many sections--on several pages the header is
abnormally large, preventing text from occupying the normal margined areas. I
have tried linking the "odd" headers to previous sections, with no positive
result. Each time I try to use the ruler to reduce the size of the header, it
absorbs all the text on the page, no matter how far away the text is located.
All of this with the non-printing characters showing me nothing abnormal. I
thought I was a skilled Word/header person, but this has me stumped. Please
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I am not sure I understand your description correctly. However, you could try
this:
Go to one of the wrong headers and check whether File Page Setup Layout
tab Vertical alignment has been set to something different from Top. In
that case, select Top and click OK.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg