Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cannonlaw10 Cannonlaw10 is offline

Default Can a merge doc. in WP Be openend for merge in WORD?

I have documents I use for my office which contain the merge feature to add
only the nec. info in the document. I will no longer use WORD PERFECT And
need to do the same for Word 2003. I need to know is there a way to open the
WORD PERFECT FILES and use the merge feature in WORD. please advise........
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There's no exact equivalent in Word of the this type of merge in
WordPerfect; you could approximate it by using a mail merge data source with
a single record; you'd add the info to the data source and then perform the
merge. But this is definitely overkill for a single record. The closest
equivalent in Word would therefore be a UserForm, which accomplishes much
the same thing: you type the required data into a form (like a wizard), then
click a button, and the information is inserted at the appropriate places in
the document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm