Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dragon dancer dragon dancer is offline

Default When I hit "tab," I want it to move one space. How do I set this?

This computer has the most recent "word" as of January 1, 2008
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Why not just press the spacebar instead of Tab?

"dragon dancer" dragon wrote in message
This computer has the most recent "word" as of January 1, 2008

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Is it that you are unfamiliar with setting tabstops? Or that you are having
problems setting a tabstop to the length of a "space"? For setting tabstops,
your might look at:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...341291033.aspx

The length of a "space" is more complex, especially if you are using a
justified alignment. In addition, tabstops are normally set as some distance
from your left margin. While some people use tabs at the beginning of a
paragraph as a first-line indent, it is generally better to create a first
line paragraph indent instead.

Steven Craig Miller