Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe Busch Joe Busch is offline

Default Word exits when I File\Close document

Hello all,

We recently upgraded to Windows XP, and are using Word 2003. (Please
understand not all companies can uprade to the latest and greatest.) Now
when a person clicks on File\Close, Word exits completely.

Is there a way to leave Word open without a document?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Busch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Also note that Ctrl+F4 closes the document too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP