Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DavidB DavidB is offline

Default page breaks not working

I have page breaks in my document (Word 2003) that are not working. They are
showing when displaying formating and working in the page layout view, but
the pages all run together when printing and in page preview. The contents
of the document are all copy and paste from web pages with a page break
inserted with ctrl+enter after each paste operation. How can I get the page
breaks to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"DavidB" wrote:

I have page breaks in my document (Word 2003) that are not working. They are
showing when displaying formating and working in the page layout view, but
the pages all run together when printing and in page preview. The contents
of the document are all copy and paste from web pages with a page break
inserted with ctrl+enter after each paste operation. How can I get the page
breaks to work?

Make sure that the page breaks themselves are not formatted as hidden.

Instead of page breaks, I use Format Paragraph... "Line and Page Breaks"
tab Page Break Before.

I use it so much that I have added this command on the toolbar where it acts
as a toggle like the font formatting buttons (Bold, Italic, etc.).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DavidB DavidB is offline

Thanks, that did the trick although took very long - needed almost 60 of
them. There was a solid line at the top and bottom of each page that I
forgot to mention that only shows with the formatting marks. Didn't seem to
make difference on the page breaks, but just wondering if you have any idea
what it is.