Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Views in Word 2003

Is it possible to set up Word 2003 to always op;en in Print Layout view,
regardless of how the view was set when it was sent to me, or anyone else.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You should be able to accomplish that using an AutoOpen macro.

Open a document you know won't be in Print Layout view. Turn the macro
recorder on, and name the macro AutoOpen. Change the view to Print Layout.
Turn off the macro recorder.

Thereafter, when you open a new document based on Normal.dot, the AutoOpen
macro should set the view to Print Layout. If you use multiple templates,
you would need to copy the AutoOpen macro from Normal.dot to the other
templates as well.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Kevin" wrote in message
Is it possible to set up Word 2003 to always op;en in Print Layout view,
regardless of how the view was set when it was sent to me, or anyone else.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It may also help if you go to Tools, Options, General and disable the
Reading View option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP