Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dig Dig is offline

Default Word 2007 Book Layout

I have 10 pages of 8.5x11 Portrait that I created. Very intense graphics,
tables, charts, text, etc. I now want to create a booklet.

I would like to lay it out on 11x17 Landscape. I have tried to use Book Fold
etc and cannot get this to layout correctly.

Can some one either
1.) Tell me what I am doing wrong
2.) Guide me with the correct steps on how to convert this to 11x17 Lanscape
3.) Provide links to where this information may be.

I tried opening it in Publisher thinking that might be easier but it just
opened in a complete mess.

I usually use Corel for this work but I figured that by now word 2007 would
be a snap for this kind of work.

If there is a way to easily convert this it would save me hours of reworking
in another program.

Any help really appreciated
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

When you say a complete mess in Publisher, what exactly do you mean? Booklets,
albeit Word or Publisher or Corel work in groups of four pages. If you tried to
open a Word project in Publisher as a booklet, it will be a mess if you
specified 10 pages. It is best to setup your document pages first and then
import.
Setup your printer for tabloid, setup your page as booklet.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dig" wrote in message
I have 10 pages of 8.5x11 Portrait that I created. Very intense graphics,
tables, charts, text, etc. I now want to create a booklet.

I would like to lay it out on 11x17 Landscape. I have tried to use Book Fold
etc and cannot get this to layout correctly.

Can some one either
1.) Tell me what I am doing wrong
2.) Guide me with the correct steps on how to convert this to 11x17 Lanscape
3.) Provide links to where this information may be.

I tried opening it in Publisher thinking that might be easier but it just
opened in a complete mess.

I usually use Corel for this work but I figured that by now word 2007 would
be a snap for this kind of work.

If there is a way to easily convert this it would save me hours of reworking
in another program.

Any help really appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If your printer is capable of printing 11x17, select that as the paper size
and Portrait as the page orientation. When you select "Book fold," the
orientation will automatically change to Landscape. But note that you cannot
make a 10-page booklet. You will have to have 12 pages.

"Dig" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
brainstewn brainstewn is offline

I followed the advice of the posts here and my Xerox 8560 was printing it but
when I go to fold it the page numbers are missing and not in appropiate
order, PLUS the second side is printed up side down.

Is this a printer issue or Word issue?

Darrell
Murray, UT

"Dig" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There will not be page numbers unless you've explicitly added them 9and made
sure they're inside the printable area). The orientation of the second side
has to be set in your printer Properties (tell the printer to print the
second side of duplexed pages by flipping on the short side rather than the
long one). And you did add pages to make 12, right?

"Dig" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
brainstewn brainstewn is offline

THANKS! That pointed in the direction that solved it!

Ciao
Darrell

"Dig" wrote in message
[...]

Simple Book Layout For Word John Leslie Page Layout 7 March 13th 08 12:49 AM
book layout Marsha Page Layout 2 April 18th 07 07:48 PM
Book layout Titus Page Layout 1 March 5th 07 05:28 AM
Modify layout of address book entry in Word 2003 Lynne S. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 06 12:26 AM
Book Layout Bipsy Page Layout 1 June 14th 05 12:59 AM