Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
postcards from powerpoint postcards from powerpoint is offline

Default How do I create 1/4 page powerpoint?

I want to create a powerpoint page and then save it to word on a repeating
1/2 page to make postcards. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Half page or quarter page?

wrote in message
I want to create a powerpoint page and then save it to word on a repeating
1/2 page to make postcards. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
postcards from powerpoint[_2_] postcards from powerpoint[_2_] is offline

quarter page - actually knowing both would be helpful! Thanks, Donna

Half page or quarter page?

wrote in message
I want to create a powerpoint page and then save it to word on a repeating
1/2 page to make postcards. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest way to do quarter-page postcards in Word is to start with a
"label" definition. Assuming Word 2002/2003, go to Tools | Letters and
Mailings | Envelopes and Labels and select the Labels tab. Click Options...,
select Avery standard (it will probably be selected already), and scroll
down the list of Avery products till you find a suitable postcard. Stock
number 3263 gives quarter-page landscape cards.

For half-page cards (for which Avery doesn't have a specific label
definition--or at least I'm not finding one at the moment), it is easier to
use Word's "2 pages per sheet" setting under "Multiple pages" on the Margins
tab of Page Setup. If you leave the page orientation at Portrait, you'll get
two landscape half-pages, one above the other.

In either case, you'll need to paste your PPT slide more than once. For the
quarter-page postcards, click New Document to get a sheet of the cards;
they're set up as a table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed
(Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the label boundaries. You may be
able to paste the image into all the cells at once by selecting the whole
table. If not, paste it into the first cell, Copy, then select the whole
table and Paste.

In the half-page setup, you'll need to either create two identical pages or
use 1,1 in the "Pages" box in the Print dialog to print a single page twice
on a sheet.

All this assumes Office 2003 or earlier (and Word 2000 or later for the "2
pages per sheet" option). I understand there are some problems pasting or
exporting content from PPT 2007 to Word 2007. OTOH, Word 2007 does make the
creation of half- and quarter-page documents much easier. In addition to
label definitions for Avery and other standard vendors, its default "vendor"
is "Microsoft," and the list begins with 1/2 Letter and 1/4 Letter layouts
(both landscape and portrait).

"postcards from powerpoint"
wrote in message
quarter page - actually knowing both would be helpful! Thanks, Donna

Half page or quarter page?