Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sabine sabine is offline

Default Word Footnote Issue

I have a document with about 30 footnotes, which are set to be aligned at the
bottom. However, footnotes 25 and 26 are in the middle of the page, with
white space on the bottom quarter of the page. There are no page breaks,
section breaks, or columns. I have gone over the formatting a thousand
times, and everything is set to what it is supposed to. Even when I take the
footnotes out, Word still has the bottom third or so blank with the rest of
that paragraph on the next page, even though there would be enough space for
it on the previous page. Again, no special formatting, no section breaks,
page breaks, manual breaks, hyphens, or columns whatsoever. I have looked at
it in Normal view, and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I simply cannot
figure out why Word is doing this! It just puts a page break there which I
cannot get rid of, and don't know why it put it there. There's simply no
rhyme or reason for it, but then what else is new, that seems to be the
standard with Microsoft. Any input on this would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I've seen this issue before but don't remember what the resolution was.

An explanation for the partial empty page (though not for the footnote
position) might be that several succeeding paragraphs are formatted as "Keep
with next." Check the paragraphs on the page after the half-empty one to
make sure that they don't have any text flow formatting that would cause the
page break (Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

"Sabine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joe in SD Joe in SD is offline

I have exactly this same problem, but I've tried Suzanne's solutions and they
do not work. Did "Sabine" find a solution to this problem?