Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Munch Munch is offline

Default How to auto fill name in page 2 of a letter from address?

I wanted to have Word pull the name of the addressee and the date of the
letter on the first page of the letter and put it in the heading for the
second page where you put the following:
Name
Date of letter
Page #

Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you're using a CreateDate field for the date of the letter, you can do
the same in your page header. For the name, apply a character style to the
name and use a StyleRef field in the header.

"Munch" wrote in message
I wanted to have Word pull the name of the addressee and the date of the
letter on the first page of the letter and put it in the heading for the
second page where you put the following:
Name
Date of letter
Page #

Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:01:01 -0700, Munch
wrote:

I wanted to have Word pull the name of the addressee and the date of the
letter on the first page of the letter and put it in the heading for the
second page where you put the following:
Name
Date of letter
Page #

Is there a way to do this?

See part 3 (Bookmarks) in http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for one
method.

Another method is to apply a specific style (which you can create just for this
purpose) to the name, and another style to the date, and use StyleRef fields in
the header. These special styles can have exactly the same formatting as the
rest of the address; it's just the style's name that's important.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Munch Munch is offline

Thank you Suzanne. Once I figured out how to apply a character style, it
worked. Thank you again,
Paul

"Munch" wrote in message
I wanted to have Word pull the name of the addressee and the date of the
letter on the first page of the letter and put it in the heading for the
second page where you put the following:
Name
Date of letter
Page #

Is there a way to do this?