Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ableone ableone is offline

Default Header image problems with Word 2000; ok in Word 2003

I posted about this issue in word.vba.general but no one has replied
there; I really need a fix for this so I'll try here.

I use the code posted below to insert a large (almost full page) image
into the header of a word doc. The image is basically the letterhead of
a company. Also in the header is a table with textual information, which
must render above the background image. The image is meant to act like a
watermark, ie to be there on every page of the document.

The code works well with Word 2003, and runs without issue with Word
2000. However a document created with either version of Word does not
seem to render correctly with Word 2000. It's pretty odd, here are the
characteristics of a doc when viewed in Word 2000:

- The table and it's contained text in the header section are always
hidden behind the image. This despite the code's zorder command.

- With the header section closed, the cursor changes so that it has four
pointers, as if I'd selected an object and was supposed to be moving it
(or so I guess). However nothing I can see is selected, or moves if I
use the mouse button.

- With the header section closed, the image is not dimmed as I'd expect
it to be if it was hosted by the header. The same doc shows the image
dimmed in word 2003.

- I'm not able to select the background image with the header section
closed; OR with the header section open.

- With the header section open, the image is greyed as if it belonged to
the main doc section.

- Withe the header section open, the header table and it's text are
never visible

Again none of these oddities are apparent in Word 2003. I hope someone
can shed light on the issue with Word 2000.

Set srange = ActiveDocument.Sections(1) _
.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Shapes _
.AddPicture(FileName:=strBasePath & strFileName)

With srange
.Name = "WordPictureWatermark1"
.PictureFormat.Brightness = 0.5
.PictureFormat.Contrast = 0.5
.LockAspectRatio = True
.Height = InchesToPoints(10.47)
.Width = InchesToPoints(8.14)
.WrapFormat.AllowOverlap = True
.WrapFormat.Side = wdWrapNone
.WrapFormat.Type = 3
.RelativeHorizontalPosition =
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
.RelativeVerticalPosition =
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
.Left = wdShapeCenter
.Top = wdShapeCent
.IncrementLeft -43.2
.ZOrder msoSendBehindText
End With
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem is finding someone who still has access to Word 2000 and is
willing to test out your code.
Macro code problems are more appropriate to a programming forum.