Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janelle Janelle is offline

Default Headers: Even header prints 1mm lower than Odd

I am currently working on a document with with odd and even headers and
mirror margins. The page setup is B5 (JIS). Within the header there is a
title, then two paragraph returns. A top border is applied to the last
paragraph return within the header.

When I print this document double sided the header on every even page is
pushed down 1mm from the odd page header. If you hold the double sided page
up you can definitely see the misalignment. The border also does not match
up from left to right.

I have checked, and I mean checked, every single setting between both the
odd and even header and within Borders and Shading, Page Setup, Margins,
Gutters, etc. Both titles start at 1.2cm and every single setting is the
same; vertical alignment is at the top. The fonts are also exactly the same.

This document will be printed as a book with 18 Chapters and I would really
appreciate getting some help on this one. (Note the footers are in perfect
alignment). Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think you have checked the following €“ but just to make su

Have you checked whether you have identical space before/after each
paragraph in the two headers? (Paragraphs dialog box, Indents and Spacing
tab).

Did your check of the Borders and Shading settings also include checking the
€śfrom text€ť distances via the Options button on the Borders tab? Differences
here could result in the misalignment in both directions.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Janelle" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janelle Janelle is offline

Thanks Lene for your response I have looked at these settings again following
your advice and they appear exactly the same as follows:

Even Page Header
* The first paragraph return is set to 0 spacing before and after and single
line spacing
* The second paragraph return is as above
* The third paragraph return is set to 0 Spacing Before and After and At
Least 18 pt line spacing. This also has a top border set at ½ pt width and
From Text spacing top and bottom 1pt and left to right 4pt.

Odd Page Header
* Is set exactly as above .

I did change the At Least 18 pt line spacing to Excatly in both Odd/Even
header. Although it looks as though it has made the smallest of improvements
by the time I look at page 7 it is still 1 mm lower than the Odd Header. I
then went to look at the settings in page 7 (which is still in Section 1) and
they are exactly as above.

Many thanks for any further suggestions and help. Janelle

"Janelle" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you displaying nonprinting characters? Often if you have created one
header by pasting in text from the other, an extra empty paragraph will have
been introduced. This could be causing the discrepancy.

"Janelle" wrote in message
Thanks Lene for your response I have looked at these settings again
following
your advice and they appear exactly the same as follows:

Even Page Header
* The first paragraph return is set to 0 spacing before and after and
single
line spacing
* The second paragraph return is as above
* The third paragraph return is set to 0 Spacing Before and After and At
Least 18 pt line spacing. This also has a top border set at ˝ pt width
and
From Text spacing top and bottom 1pt and left to right 4pt.