Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hugo Kornelis Hugo Kornelis is offline

Default Word 2003 sudenly shows "cut marks" (?) in corners

Hi all,

My daughter just called me, asking for help with a computer problem. On
hew laptop, Word 2003 suddenly displays "cut marks" (if they're called
that in English - I refer to small markers just outside the printable
margin, such as used in press printing to indicate where the paper has
to be cut) on her screen.

It appears to be a display issue, as these same markers also appear when
she reopens older documents, that didn't have these markers before.

I've never experienced anything like this, and after carefully checking
all relevant menus, I was unable to find the option to turn this back
off. And my daighter, of course, doesn't remember changing any setting
at all

Any guidance towards removing these marks from my daughter's screen
would be most welcome. (In case it matters, she's running a Dutch
version of Word 2003, on a Dutch version of Windows XP).

--
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
My SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839371.

If the procedure there fails to remove the marks, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...38d8ccab08d07f

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hugo Kornelis wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:09:18 -0400, Jay Freedman wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839371.

If the procedure there fails to remove the marks, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...38d8ccab08d07f

Thanks, Jay. It worked (the first, easier solution - so I can also heave
a sigh of relief for not having to hack the registry g)

--
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
My SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hugo Kornelis wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:09:18 -0400, Jay Freedman wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839371.

If the procedure there fails to remove the marks, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...38d8ccab08d07f

Thanks, Jay. It worked (the first, easier solution - so I can also
heave a sigh of relief for not having to hack the registry g)

Excellent! Glad to help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman