Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Use default format

I often copy lots of text from other documents and web page into Word
document. Once I do it, I have to re-format the text to my default format.
Is there any function in Office 2007 to remain the default format for any
import document?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use Paste Paste Special Unformatted Text
or the following macro

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

To adopt the style at the insertion point.

Scott wrote:
I often copy lots of text from other documents and web page into Word
document. Once I do it, I have to re-format the text to my default
format. Is there any function in Office 2007 to remain the default
format for any import document?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

Scott wrote:
I often copy lots of text from other documents and web page into Word
document. Once I do it, I have to re-format the text to my default
format. Is there any function in Office 2007 to remain the default
format for any import document?

Thanks,

Scott

Graham,

Many thanks for your useful advice.

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Scott wrote:
"Graham Mayor" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

Scott wrote:
I often copy lots of text from other documents and web page into
Word document. Once I do it, I have to re-format the text to my
default format. Is there any function in Office 2007 to remain the
default format for any import document?

Thanks,

Scott

Graham,