Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Spellbound Spellbound is offline

Default How do I stop making a new paragraph when i press enter?

When Im writing in Word 2007, whenever I press enter once the text ends up
looking like this:

the black cow

jumped over the

orange moon.

However, when it is posted on a website, it looks like this:

the black cow
jumped over the
orange moon

How do I make it stop so that what the text looks like on the word page
looks the same on a web page?
Any answers in 'idiot English' please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Spellbound Spellbound is offline

how do I let word wrap it naturally? And also it looks like a paragraph on a
word page but when I copy and paste onto my writing homepage, it takes away
the formatting as seen on the word page. So basically, unless I double
paragraph, then there is no paragraphing at all once copied to my writing
site.

I didnt have this problem with word 2003 - I could copy and paste and it
stayed the same - and was wondering if there is a way to make 2007 work in
the same way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert a line break (Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph break (or, of
course, let Word wrap the lines naturally, without breaks).

"Spellbound" wrote in message
When Im writing in Word 2007, whenever I press enter once the text ends up
looking like this:

the black cow

jumped over the

orange moon.

However, when it is posted on a website, it looks like this:

the black cow
jumped over the
orange moon

How do I make it stop so that what the text looks like on the word page
looks the same on a web page?
Any answers in 'idiot English' please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you need the line breaks (if it's poetry, for example), then you can use
Shift+Enter, but if you want the text to wrap to available space (between
margins on a page to be printed or within a browser window, regardless of
how it's resized), then you should avoid manual breaks within a paragraph.
If you want space between paragraphs, HTML uses two line breaks instead of a
paragraph break.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert a line break (Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph break (or, of
course, let Word wrap the lines naturally, without breaks).

"Spellbound" wrote in message
When Im writing in Word 2007, whenever I press enter once the text ends
up
looking like this:

the black cow

jumped over the

orange moon.

However, when it is posted on a website, it looks like this:

the black cow
jumped over the
orange moon

How do I make it stop so that what the text looks like on the word page
looks the same on a web page?
Any answers in 'idiot English' please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are saying that you want to restore the settings of the blank
document template in Word 2003, you can do the following: On the Home tab of
the ribbon, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change
Styles | Fonts | Office Classic. Finally, click Change Styles | Set as
Default. If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do
so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP