Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SPORTS SPORTS is offline

Default Is there a shortcut to go to the beginning of the next word?

windows 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

aSPORTS wrote:
windows 2003

Ctrl+right arrow is assigned by default to the "Word Right" command.

For a list of the default shortcuts, see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290938

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
steve bradford steve bradford is offline

Default Also useful

Hit Ctrl+Shift+(arrow keys) repeatedly if necessary to select text for deletion, copying, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that many people, for example those of us who view newsgroup messages
via a newsreader, will be confused when you change the subject line,
especially since you don't quote anything from the message to which you are
replying.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

steve bradford wrote in message ...
Hit Ctrl+Shift+(arrow keys) repeatedly if necessary to select text for
deletion, copying, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:18:26 +0200, Stefan Blom wrote:

Note that many people, for example those of us who view newsgroup messages
via a newsreader, will be confused when you change the subject line,
especially since you don't quote anything from the message to which you are
replying.

Hi Stefan,
I am using ´40tude DialogĦ as newsreader (http://www.40tude.com/dialog).
Each new separate thread is displayed as a hierarchical tree. It is
impossible to be confused by a ´change of subjectĦ because any ´new
subjectĦ is still attached to the same tree, with the original posting (and
subject line) as its root. Are things working differently in other
newsreaders?
--
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:18:26 +0200, Stefan Blom wrote:

Note that many people, for example those of us who view newsgroup
messages
via a newsreader, will be confused when you change the subject line,
especially since you don't quote anything from the message to which you
are
replying.

Hi Stefan,
I am using ´40tude DialogĦ as newsreader (http://www.40tude.com/dialog).
Each new separate thread is displayed as a hierarchical tree. It is
impossible to be confused by a ´change of subjectĦ because any ´new
subjectĦ is still attached to the same tree, with the original posting
(and
subject line) as its root. Are things working differently in other
newsreaders?

Robert,

I don't know how other newsreaders deal with this, but in Outlook Express I
believe many people choose to sort messages individually by date (that is,
not by thread), which means the subject of the message is important. Also,
deleting old messages, which I do regularly, will prevent me from seeing all
messages in a thread (unless of course I download them again), even when
grouping messages by thread (or by conversation, which is the term used in
Outlook Express).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I use Outlook Express, which does thread on the header rather than the
subject line, but I also Hide Read Messages. Consequently, I depend on users
to quote the previous message(s) or at least to keep the same subject line
so I have some clue as to what has gone before. When you're reading hundreds
of messages a day, in dozens of snatches over the course of the day, it's
easy to lose track of individual conversations.

Most of the people who post questions and many of those who answer them use
Microsoft's Communities Web portal, which I'm told doesn't thread in any
meaningful way at all.

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:00:47 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I use Outlook Express, which does thread on the header rather than the
subject line, but I also Hide Read Messages. Consequently, I depend on users
to quote the previous message(s) or at least to keep the same subject line
so I have some clue as to what has gone before. When you're reading hundreds
of messages a day, in dozens of snatches over the course of the day, it's
easy to lose track of individual conversations.

Most of the people who post questions and many of those who answer them use
Microsoft's Communities Web portal, which I'm told doesn't thread in any
meaningful way at all.

Stefan and Suzanne, thanks for enlightening me. I now realize even more the
benefits of using ´40tude DialogĦ. I can display the various threads in
every possible way (thread, date, thread+date, subject+date, etc). I can
rate the threads and bring them up or down the list according to their
current ´scoreĦ. And I personally find the tree view simply ideal. I could
never lose the thread of any thread, barring Alzheimer's disease.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Outlook Express can sort in those ways as well, but the way I use it, I see
only unread messages, so threading is less an issue. When I want to find a
specific post, I'll show all the messages, sometimes unthread them in order
to sort by date, and so on.