Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary jane Mary jane is offline

Default Pagination

I have a merge document that brings in various numbers of items. As it
merges whatever number in I need numbered items to remain together at the
bottom/top of the pages so users do not have to make manual adjustments every
time. Widow/orphan control did not work, any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is inevitable that if you merge varying numbers of lines in a document
that the document content will move according the the amount of space the
lines take up. One answer would be to insert a frame large enough to take
all your entries and merge the entries into the frame.

Mary jane wrote:
I have a merge document that brings in various numbers of items. As
it merges whatever number in I need numbered items to remain together
at the bottom/top of the pages so users do not have to make manual
adjustments every time. Widow/orphan control did not work, any
suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you fix the height of the frame it will only hold the number of items you
enter into it. Extra ones will be lost. If you allow the height of the frame
to expand then it will do so and push the remaining text down. The only way
to ensure that nothing moves is to have the frame large enough to
accommodate the likely entries.

Mary jane wrote:
I have a merge document that brings in various numbers of items. As
it merges whatever number in I need numbered items to remain
together at the bottom/top of the pages so users do not have to
make manual adjustments every time. Widow/orphan control did not
work, any suggestions?

Thanks

Pagination Ladyodenacht Microsoft Word Help 4 December 29th 07 11:13 PM
Pagination LMG Microsoft Word Help 4 January 6th 06 12:45 PM
X ANY PAGINATION JAmie Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 05 08:27 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 06:29 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 0 March 9th 05 02:01 AM