Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hjlinc hjlinc is offline

Default font does not print correctly

hi,
since i upgraded to vista, my old font which i use for my letterhead, called
Tooled from Atech back in 1991, does not print correctly on my HP 1200 laser
printer, comes out either garbled or not at all. the Tooled font is a
truetype font and shows up on my Fonts directly, i've reinstalled it, and it
prints on my HP kx80 inkjet print, but not my laser printer. It shows up on
my screen ok. Could someone let me know what to do? I can't figure it out.
Thanks.
--
hjlinc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The first place to look would be the settings for font substitution for your
printer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hjlinc" wrote in message
hi,
since i upgraded to vista, my old font which i use for my letterhead,
called
Tooled from Atech back in 1991, does not print correctly on my HP 1200
laser
printer, comes out either garbled or not at all. the Tooled font is a
truetype font and shows up on my Fonts directly, i've reinstalled it, and
it
prints on my HP kx80 inkjet print, but not my laser printer. It shows up
on
my screen ok. Could someone let me know what to do? I can't figure it
out.
Thanks.
--
hjlinc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hjlinc hjlinc is offline

Hi, Thanks,
But I went into my printer properties and changed it from substitute with
device font to download as soft font, but it still does it. I am printing
through a networked printer and it prints ok from the other computer but that
computer has XP and Word 2003 on it. Mine has Vista Business and Word 2007.
When I go into the properties of the printer and into device settings and
then the font substitution table, the font is set to Don't Substitute on both
computers. On my laptop, I can't change it, it is grey. What would be the
next step to try? I can't think of anything.
--
hjlinc

"hjlinc" wrote in message
hi,
since i upgraded to vista, my old font which i use for my letterhead,
called
Tooled from Atech back in 1991, does not print correctly on my HP 1200
laser
printer, comes out either garbled or not at all. the Tooled font is a
truetype font and shows up on my Fonts directly, i've reinstalled it, and
it
prints on my HP kx80 inkjet print, but not my laser printer. It shows up
on
my screen ok. Could someone let me know what to do? I can't figure it
out.
Thanks.
--
hjlinc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CTURNER82 CTURNER82 is offline

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but sometimes fonts go wonky
when I print word documents so I make them a pdf first. (This is more of a
band-aid than a solution, but it helps in a tight spot.) Best wishes!