Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JRM JRM is offline

Default Attaching links

I have to prepare agenda's and I have been requested to create links on the
agenda so that someone can click on any item and it will pull up supporting
documents related to that one item only. CAn any one please direct me how to
do such task?

Thank you for your assistance
JRM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi JRM,

What you're after is a hyperlink, which you can create via Insert|Hyperlink, browsing to the file concerned.

A note of caution: link paths in Word are always absolute, meaning that if you move the files around the links still point back to
the original location. So, if you send out the agenda and the reference documents, the hyperlinks will 'try' to open up the
reference documents using the path to their original location. That's OK if the documents are located on a server where all the
agenda recipients can access them, but will fail otherwise. There is a way around this, however, courtesy of fellow MVP, Peter
Jamieson. To see how, check out my post at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=670027

--
Cheers
macropod