Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
don don is offline

Default Question about headers

This is the first time I've ever posted a Word question, so forgive my simple
question.

I've created a template for our company letterhead. I want to show the
header information on the first page but not on any subsequent page. How can
I program this? Any help would be appreciated.
--
Don Rountree
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You put the letterhead in the First Page Header after enabling "Different
first page." See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for
complete instructions.

"Don" wrote in message
This is the first time I've ever posted a Word question, so forgive my
simple
question.

I've created a template for our company letterhead. I want to show the
header information on the first page but not on any subsequent page. How
can
I program this? Any help would be appreciated.
--
Don Rountree

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ligninman ligninman is offline

Suzanne:

Clearly this issue is not simple, because many people have asked it.
Could you answer for those of us using Word 2007?

1. How do you enable "Different first page"?
2. In the cited reference,
(http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm)
how do we find the "Header and Footer Toolbar"?
3. How do we get to the CreateDateField command?

Some of us are newbies!

Geoff Smith

"Don" wrote in message
This is the first time I've ever posted a Word question, so forgive my
simple
question.

I've created a template for our company letterhead. I want to show the
header information on the first page but not on any subsequent page. How
can
I program this? Any help would be appreciated.
--
Don Rountree

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/H...r.htm#Word2007. Note that
the Letterhead article has not been updated for Word 2007. But the Page
Setup dialog is the same in Word 2007, and it is accessed via Page Layout |
Page Setup: dialog launcher.

"Don" wrote in message
This is the first time I've ever posted a Word question, so forgive my
simple
question.

I've created a template for our company letterhead. I want to show the
header information on the first page but not on any subsequent page.
How
can
I program this? Any help would be appreciated.
--
Don Rountree

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In 2007: When you're actively in the Header/Footer there will be a Header &
Footer Tools Contextual Tab with a Design Tab within it added ton the
Ribbon. Different First Page is a checkbox item in that Tab. [That
contextual tab takes the place of the Header/Footer Toolbar used in other
versions of Word.]

Fields - such as CREATEDATE - can be inserted from the Quick Parts button on
the Insert Tab of the Ribbon.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac