Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
megan megan is offline

Default Applying and editing footers to multiple documents MS Word

Our company creates documents that are over 1000 pgs long. Therefore we have
divide them into sperate documents in order to save them. ie. - Tree 1, Tree
2, Tree 3, Tree 4 in 'my documents'. We are constantly editing our
footnotes. Does anyone know if there is a way to change a footer once and
have it apply to several different documents? Saving us the time of having
to open each document change the footer, save it, close it and then open Tree
doc 2 and re-do the same thing and so on. Thanks so much for your tiem and
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Megan,

If you bookmark the page footer in your 'main' document, you can use an INCLUDETEXT field in each of the other documents to link to
that footer. See Word's help file for more details.

--
Cheers
macropod