Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blshep blshep is offline

Default getting normal template to insert page numbers Word 2007

Hello, I would like all new blank documents to have a page number inserted
bottom right, and I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I have to do it
every time. Isn't there some way to change the normal template? I tried
understanding a previous message to someone else on a related topic, and gave
up. thanks,
--
Bonnie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can do this by opening normal.dotm and make the changes you require, but
I would urge you not to as it can have unfortunate effects with other
documents you may create, such as labels. Instead create a new template with
the layout you require. Then create a macro similar to

Sub MyNewDoc()
Documents.Add Template:="D:\Word 2007 Templates\TemplateName.dotm",
NewTemplate _
:=False, DocumentType:=0
End Sub

substituting the path and name of your new template, and add the macro to a
button on the QAT.

blshep wrote:
Hello, I would like all new blank documents to have a page number
inserted bottom right, and I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I
have to do it every time. Isn't there some way to change the normal
template? I tried understanding a previous message to someone else
on a related topic, and gave up. thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blshep blshep is offline

Dear Graham, I'm sorry, I only know the basics of Word, although I have used
it for years. I have never used macros and have no idea what to do with
these instructions. Where do I type the Sub NewDoc etc.....? And what is a
QAT?

And I am unlikely to ever want to print labels, so could you tell me how to
open normal.dotm?
--
Bonnie

blshep wrote:
Hello, I would like all new blank documents to have a page number
inserted bottom right, and I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I
have to do it every time. Isn't there some way to change the normal
template? I tried understanding a previous message to someone else
on a related topic, and gave up. thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The article to which Graham provided a link
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm) provides complete instructions
(supplemented by his instructions below the link).

news